Consider family law mediation services if you want to get the greatest satisfaction, value, and save the most money by making the choice to resolve your legal separation, divorce, child support, spousal support, parenting plan, and post-divorce issues together. Due to the depth and breadth of my experience as a mediator since 1994, I offer efficient and cost-effective mediation services for my clients.
Consider family law mediation if you want to get the greatest satisfaction, value, and save the most money by making the choice to resolve your legal separation, divorce, child support, spousal support, parenting plan, and post-divorce issues together. Due to the depth and breadth of my experience as a mediator since 1994, I offer efficient and cost-effective mediation services for my clients.
What is family law mediation?
Mediation is a voluntary and confidential process for resolving conflict with the help of an impartial, trained professional. Professional mediation addresses the interests of all involved parties and helps them build their own solutions. Any agreements reached may be incorporated into court orders. As court dockets have become more congested, there has been a greater focus on Alternative Dispute Resolution, such as mediation.
As a family law mediator, I employ different mediation approaches and techniques based on the needs of the parties. I will work with parties and their attorneys, if any, to design a process that best serves their unique circumstances. While I prefer a facilitative tone and format, I can provide more directive and evaluative approaches where necessary and desired.
I can assist both parties towards achieving a common resolution for their family law issues with or without the involvement of attorneys.
Clients have two choices:
1. Each client can engage an attorney and then jointly appoint me as the mediator to facilitate their negotiations. The mediation will generally run for several hours, depending on the complexity and quantity of issues to resolve.
2. Clients can work with me without retaining attorneys. While acting as a mediator, I do not make decisions for you and I cannot give you legal advice; however, I can potentially mediate your entire divorce. This may take multiple sessions, but it is typically much less expensive, overall, compared to other kinds of process. Once an agreement has been reached through mediation, I can provide you with referrals to family law attorneys for legal advice and/or document preparation for entry in court.
Why should you consider mediation?
There are considerable benefits associated with choosing mediation, including the parties taking responsibility for their family law issues and working together towards achieving an agreed outcome, which is particularly beneficial when children are involved.
As a Washington family law mediator since 1994, I can help you achieve a smoother transition through your divorce, separation, or other family disputes. I help everyone involved explore their most important underlying needs and interests, and to assure that any resulting agreements are based on those needs and interests.
Benefits of Mediation:
- Improves family dynamics through communication
- Focuses on issues, not personal conflict
- Identifies and addresses interests and concerns of both parties and their children
- Helps the parties reach “win-win” solutions
- Serves as liaisons between the parties and the legal system
- Reduces legal costs and emotional stress
- Gives the parties control over decisions and outcomes
- Provides a proven, low-cost way to resolve disputes